May 13, 2009

Homemade Acne Wash

Today I mixed up a batch of my new favorite all-natural acne cleanser. The recipe is equal parts glycerin soap and salt. It removes dirt and oil leaving the skin soft and smooth. I used a bar of cucumber glycerin soap and natural Hawaiian Alaea sea salt.

Alaea salt is made using traditional methods of evaporating sea water and mixing it with a small amount of Hawaiian clay, containing iron-oxide. This salt is also rich in mineral found in the sea water and does not contain anti-clumping chemicals found in regular table salt. The Aleaea salt I had was a coarse grade, so I used a mortar and pestle to make the salt crystals finer.

I used a small grater to break up the bar of soap and make it easy to work with. Then I mixed in the salt. I used a small jar from my kitchen to store it in. Now I have a cheap and ready to use facial cleanser.

No comments:

Post a Comment